Friday, July 29, 2011

It Starts With a "P", Ends With a "T", and I Think I'm Addicted.

It's Pinterest.  This inspiration site has got me  - hook, line and sinker.  If you're not familiar, here's the bio from their FAQ page:
"Think of Pinterest as a virtual pinboard - a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.  We know you have great taste in something. Our mission is to make Pinterest the best place for you to share your taste with the world."
Once a member of Pinterest, you create your collections (called "boards") and "pin" photos and ideas that you find stirring to the appropriate board.  You can follow others and they can follow you, you can leave a comment on pins, "like" them, repin them, or simply scroll through and enjoy.  

Not only is it fun to see other Pinners' choices, but I also get lost in the boards I've put together for myself.  It's similar to pulling out a book that draws you in with its beauty - be it on decorating, photography or whatever else moves you.   For me, it is nature and the simple cottage style of living.  

I want to share some of my pins with you.  Below each pin is the name of the board from which it came.  Do any of these resonate with you, too?

{poppies}
{lovely cottage style}


{black, white or sepia}
{makes me happy}

{pink and turquoise}
{dreamy}
{beauty in nature}

{my style}


If you'd like to get started on your own Pinterest account, email me and I'll send you an invite (the quickest way to get started).  If you're already there, check out my boards here.  Perhaps we'll follow each other?   

No comments:

Post a Comment