Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cat Got My Tongue?


via
For the longest time now I've wanted to write, but something's up. I've got nothin. Nada. Zero. Zilch.


Today I submitted a Craigslist ad in 'Lost and Found' to see if anyone has found my voice.  So far I've had no replies.


I've retraced my steps and the only clue I've found is this:


It appears to be a screenshot taken on or about January 1, 2012.  Perhaps the pressure of eloquently writing some grand prose about the new year, new beginnings and all of that was too great and the voice went silent - maybe the voice just wasn't feeling it? Or, what if the voice had so much to say about the new year that it tried to get it all out at once and locked up? 

I have no doubt the voice will return soon. When it does, I think I'll give it all the space it needs. If it wants to whisper, I'll let it whisper.  And if it wants to roar, that'll be good, too.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! I've been kind of in a slump myself... not just since the holidays but before that as well...

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete