Friday, September 23, 2011

Calgon, Take Me Away!

via

I was going to entitle this blog post "Wanderlust", but the definition "very strong or irresistible impulse to travel" didn't quite define the feeling. Then I thought maybe "Escape"would do, but "remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion" seemed really narcissistic and that's not where this is coming from either. And then I remembered the commercial long ago where the woman slipped into the tub, closed her eyes, and the Calgon bubbles took her to her happy place.  Yep, that's more like it.

Every so often in this woman's life the need to "fly the coop" (forgive me, Grandchickens) arises. This feeling isn't loud and aggressive, it's really just a small tug. Small like a little pebble in your shoe.  That persists.  Until it drives you crazy. I see it as a little voice telling me it's time to stop and take good care, and I've learned over the years to heed the message. So off I go for a week or so to recharge, to reintroduce myself to nature and to replace the keyboard with paper and a pencil.  

With this spirit I share from my Pinterest boards "Take me Away" and "Dreamy": 
via

via
via
via
via
via
via

via
via
via
via
via
via
via


Hope you've enjoyed.  I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment